On this Independence day, celebrate in style. There is no better way to showcase chic patriotism than with festive nail art! Staying with this year’s “mix it up” trend, have fun decorating each nail with different patterns and colors to make an explosive statement. Here’s a list of Fourth of July nail essentials that are sure to leave the crowds mesmerized.
1. Start with the Basic Background colors. You can’t go wrong with a solid red, white, or blue basecoat. Choose a vibrant shade that is sure to give you a fun canvas to work with.
2. You can’t leave out those Marvelous Metallics! Try a simple shade from Essie’s “Mirror Metallics” collection to help you achieve the ultimate patriotic flair.
3. No Fourth of July manicure is complete without some Glamorous Glitters. Whether it’s one nail or three, make a statement that will pop. Try a product like Sally Hansen’s Gem Crush Nail Color. Its glitter formula gives you full coverage and instantly turns your nails into a firework of art.
4. If you’re the not-so-artsy type, like me, Sassy Stickers were made with you in mind. Whether you go with applique nails or press on rhinestones and studs, adhesives bring on the style without the mess or hassle.
5. Don’t forget: a manicure is only as fabulous as the manicurist’s instruments. Find Tiny Tools, such as Art Deco thin nail polish brushes and picks. With these, the designs in your mind will come to life, and the mistakes will fade away before you’re out the door for that barbeque.
Feature and Post Photos Courtesy of http://style.mtv.com/.