Just when everyone thought that the cannabis industry had reached its peak point and there was nothing else manufacturers and companies could come up with to surprise us, delta-8 THC got on people’s radar, causing quite a stir, and a huge delta-8 hype followed shortly after. Now, anyone who knows anything about cannabis has heard about this promising cannabinoid and the benefits it can provide.
Truth be told, the cannabis industry was in dire need of some newness. Discussions surrounding CBD and THC were getting older and there was nothing interesting on the horizon to entice and excite consumers, so delta-8 THC came as a breath of fresh air. But the problem with things that are relatively new, as popular as they may be, is that reliable information can be scarce, or there can be a lot of misinformation going around.
So, if you’ve been thinking about introducing delta-8 THC into your wellness routine, but you don’t know exactly how to go about it, this short guide can help you figure things out.
Consider your lifestyle and preferences
There are many delta-8 THC products on the market right now, and many more will probably emerge in the future, so how can you make sure that a product is the right fit for you? While you may have to go through a trial-and-error process to find out your holy grail delta-8 product, a great way to narrow down your options and find what you’re looking for faster is to take your needs, lifestyle, and personal preferences into consideration.
Ask yourself why you want to take delta-8 THC in the first place. You know better than anyone what’s missing from your health and wellness routine and what you want to achieve by introducing delta-8 THC into it. Then you can study products and choose the one that delivers the desired effects. It’s just as important to pick products that match your current lifestyle and that you can easily use day after day. For example, if you’ve previously used cannabis edibles and you’re comfortable with this consumption method, chances are it will be easier for you to take delta-8 THC edibles.
Choose quality delta-8 products
As with all things that are hyped, the wide variety of products available at the moment also means that you’ll have to learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff. There are plenty of amazing providers out there, offering amazing delta-8 products, but there are also a lot of sub-par companies that will do and say anything – including making false claims – to get you to purchase their goods.
When it comes to health and wellness, you shouldn’t take any chances. It’s best to be skeptical and do your research before you start shopping. Therefore, if you want to find safe and delicious delta 8 cart flavors, tasty delta-8 edibles, or any other type of delta-8 product, you have to do a background check of the company that’s selling them and find out if they’re reliable or not. Check the certificate of analysis (COAs) of the products to make sure they really contain what’s written on the label and are safe to use.
Set a time for taking delta-8 THC
Routines are all about plans, schedules, and discipline. If you want to make a new habit stick – or get rid of an old habit – you have to set some ground rules and follow them to the T. That’s also the case with making delta-8 THC part of your wellness routine.
So, it’s not just a matter of what products to use, but also when to use them. It’s up to you to decide what time of the day is best for you to consume delta-8 THC, whether it’s early in the morning, to help you start your day on the right foot, mid-day, as a quick pick-me-up, or late in the evening, as you’re getting ready for bed. This also depends on the potency of the product and the consumption method. Setting a specific time to use delta-8 THC will help your body and mind adjust to the substance and enjoy the benefits it provides to the fullest.
Decide on consumption method
The consumption method is another important variable to take into consideration since there are multiple ways to enjoy delta-8 THC, as follows:
- Vaping and smoking – if you’re looking for fast and rather intense effects, vaping or smoking are the best options, as these consumption methods allow for delta-8 to enter directly into your bloodstream. The difference between the two is that vaping delivers the compound through vaporization while smoking uses combustion.
- Edibles – delta-8 edibles are a popular way to consume the cannabinoid, as they provide convenience and allow for precise dosage with every serving, not to mention they come in various delicious fruity flavors.
- Tinctures – sublingual tinctures are another effective way to take delta-8 THC. The body absorbs the substance through sublingual glands under the tongue, ensuring high bioavailability.
- Capsules – just like gummies, capsules offer a very convenient way to consume delta-8 THC orally and control dosage. After administration, it may take up to two hours to start noticing the effects, which can last up to 10 hours – although that depends on how strong the product that you’re using is.
- Topicals – delta-8 THC topicals encompass a whole range of products, from creams and salves to balms, ointments, gels, and lotions. Unlike other forms of delta-8 THC, topicals don’t absorb into the bloodstream, so they only act locally, on the surface of the body part where you’ve applied them. That means you won’t get any fuzzy sensation, but you’ll still be able to enjoy the benefits that delta-8 THC provides
Introducing delta-8 THC into your daily wellness routine involves an entire process, from analyzing your needs and lifestyle to choosing the right consumption method and products. The idea is to experiment with different variables until you find the method that works for you and then stick with it.