Celebrity makeup artist Raychel Wade and stylist to the stars Lo VonRumpf sat down with Cliche to talk everything beauty and style for Fall 2013. From high fashion to fresh-faced looks, we’ve got you covered, and then some.
Five Fall Fashion Must-Haves for Years to Come
- A Leopard Clutch when you’re on the go can amp up your last season look.
- Menswear Inspired Pieces like loafers and tuxedo jackets pair perfectly with flirty accessories.
- Comfy Flats are quintessential when you want to give your feet a break from this season’s sky-high boots.
- Playful Prints like a paisley or polka dot scarf can dress up or down a look depending on your mood.
Quick and Easy Ways to Make High Fashion Work for You (No, Really)
- Stick with affordable accessories: clutches, watches, scarves, belts, and shoes
- Pair high fashion statement pieces with seasonless basics (i.e. an oxblood or leopard watch with a timeless black blazer)
- There’s no need for a total style overhaul every season: be true to your everyday style and purchase wearable runway looks that enhance your natural look, without completely changing it
Tips for a Flawless Face
- Keep it Clean: An understated, fresh face will never go out of style, and it’s appropriate for both the office and a night on the town, making your life a whole lot easier.
- Focus On One Feature: Play up the eyes or the lips, but never both. Try this season’s go-to color–oxblood-for a daring red lip, while keeping the rest of your makeup minimal. Never wear TOO much of anything.
- Stick With One Shade: Don’t be afraid to match your makeup. Try pairing a berry lip with a berry blush for a flirty, fresh-faced look.
- Bright Eyes: Line the inner eyes with an illumination shadow to brighten and separate for youthful look.
Fall Beauty Essentials
- Eye shadow trios like the Mary Kay At Play Baked Eye Trio give you the option to play around with a set of complementary colors or take your look from day to night in a snap.
- Illumination shadows are perfect for lining the inner eye. They quickly brighten and separate for a youthful look.
- Finishing sprays are the best-kept makeup secret both on and off the red carpet. Mary Kay’s Finishing Makeup Spray seals your look all day (or night) long for up to sixteen hours with a quick spritz on the face before heading out.