In case you missed it, a new Miss Universe was crowned over the weekend—Paulina Vega, Miss Columbia, to be exact—and her long, wavy locks are currently being coveted by thousands of women everywhere. To achieve Miss Universe 2015’s crowning look, CHI Hairstylist, Julian Macias gave us a step-by-step guide on exactly how he did it!
How to Get Miss Universe Hair
- Begin by spritzing the hair with Miss Universe Style Illuminate’s Set the Stage Blow Dry Spray for intense heat protection from damage and breakage while eliminating frizz and resisting humidity.
- Comb through to evenly distribute and with the Miss Universe CHI Professional Hair Dryer, dry hair with your hands to remove the bulk of moisture, lifting hair at the base to provide ample volume.
- When hair is still slightly damp, section the hair into 4 parts (top, sides, back and nape).
- Starting at the nape area with a large CHI round ceramic brush, finish blow drying by again lifting the hair at the root area. Continue to dry the rest of the section by smoothing and rounding the ends under. Continue throughout the entire head.
- Next, take a medium round CHI Ceramic Brush and wrap larger sections throughout the head, twirling them around the brush. Give each section a blast of hot air followed by cool air to set in the curl.
- When releasing each section, continue to twist as you remove the brush. By unwrapping the twirl, this helps to create those soft sultry waves.
- For added curl definition and volume, the Miss Universe CHI 1 ¼” Titanium Curling Iron was used to bump the ends under and add several more defined curls. The base was sprayed with Restage Dry Shampoo for added lift and texture.
- To finish, spray with Rock Your Crown Firm Hair Spray for the perfect hold during quick changes while a misting of Spotlight Shine Spray is needed to add shine and glisten to hair just like her crown.
Head on over to ulta.com to purchase any of the CHI Miss Universe Style Illuminate Line products!
Read more Beauty features on ClicheMag.com
BY MEGAN PORTORREAL
Photographs courtesy of Miss Universe Facebook Page, tutorial by CHI/Julian Macias