It’s that time of year again where we all start to look for ways in which we can improve upon our lives. Oh yes, it’s New Year’s resolution time! While we all have different goals in mind for the new year, one thing many of us will struggle with is staying consistent. It is all too common for our resolutions to fall to the wayside, but this year, our main goal is to stick to our goals! Here are some of our tips and tricks to kickstart your New Year’s resolutions.
One of the most common resolutions is to improve our health and fitness routines. To avoid taking too many trips to the doctor, you’ll need to improve your overall health and wellness. Whether your resolution is to lose weight, gain muscle, or increase your overall health, here are some tips to help you accomplish your goals:
- Consistency is key: It’s incredibly important to keep consistency in mind when planning a new health and wellness routine. If you want long-term success when it comes to fitness, you shouldn’t be going on yo-yo diets or trying extreme workouts that you can’t stick to. Instead, try to create a plan that you know you can uphold. If you force yourself into doing something that you hate simply because you think it’ll give you the best results, you are already setting yourself up for failure. Check out Daily Burn for more tips on staying consistent.
- Find balance: When it comes to dieting, you want to find a healthy balance; this goes for weight loss diets as well as maintenance diets. Try avoiding any diets that eliminate or limit any macronutrients or any diets that are overly restrictive. Instead, try to include lean proteins, healthy fats, and complex carbs in each meal and make sure to include plenty of fruits and vegetables to get all of the key vitamins and minerals. While getting proper nutrients is essential, you’ll still likely find yourself running into the common cold every now and then. If you’re feeling under the weather or have any other minor ailments, head to Fast Pace Health’s urgent care in Philadelphia or any of their other locations for great service.
- Take vitamins: Even the most well planned diets can have nutrient gaps. The best way to ensure you’e getting enough of each micronutrient is by taking a multivitamin. A multivitamin is the perfect catch-all when it comes to nutrition, so make sure to include one in your daily routine if you want to improve your overall health and wellness. You can also try out IV drip therapy by The I.V. Doc if you have a day where you need an extra dose of wellness; this is especially great if you’are getting over an illness or are about to travel.
- Educate yourself: Nutrition is something that all adults should take the time to educate themselves on. You can head over to Ritual for answers to questions like if folate is the same as folic acid, how much B12 you need need, or what good sources of vitamin C are. If you’re a college student, a great way to educate yourself on wellness is to take a nutrition class. If you’re a bit further removed from those years, you can do some digging online or even work with a dietitian to help you learn the ins and outs of health and nutrition.
Another one of the most common New Year’s resolutions is to budget better or to increase your savings account. This is especially true for 2023, as many people are preparing for the threat of a looming recession. Here are some tips for getting into a better financial place in the new year:
- Save where you can: One of the best ways to increase your savings is by comparing the cost of services that you already use. For example, Navi can help you compare T-Mobile vs. Verizon, so you can determined which phone plan will be the most cost-effective for you and your family. You don’t have to stop at phone plans, though. It’s wise to look into your internet providers, subscription services, gym memberships, an anything else you pay for on a regular basis.
- Secure lending: If you have a business where you have to pull credit reports, using CRS’ credit data services can help you protect your assets. This is a must-have tool for anyone in the consumer lending industry. Being financially secure, especially as a small business, is key to your long-term success. Make sure you’re avoiding risky lending by using a credit data service.
- Make smart purchases: When cutting costs, the first thing on your mind probably isn’t spending money on high-quality items, but this practice can actually save you money down the raod. For example, a blender that costs $200 may last you for ten years, while a $50 blender may need to be replaced every two years. Therefore, splurging on the better item now will end up being cheaper over time. Alternatively, purchasing items that can be easily cleaned and maintained like these washable rugs from Tumble is a perfect way to help your more expensive items last longer.
Creating Resolutions That Will Stick
Let’s make 2023 the year we accomplish all of our goals and stick to our resolutions long-term. If you happen to fall into the fitness or finance resolution groups, follow some of our tips and tricks for getting started and staying consistent. Although we all have different resolutions depending on what we’d like to improve upon as individuals, you can still easily apply these tips to any of your goals. All it takes is a little motivation and a little discipline to start achieving all of your goals in the new year. Good luck!