Waist training is a popular practice among many celebrities, both men and women use waist training corsets or slimming corsets. But their rigorous diets accompany their weight training schedules, and it makes people wonder do slimming corsets really work.
Slimming corsets are used to attain a desirable hourglass figure, and many people have seen a gradual reduction in their weight and benefited from it. But still, the questions remain – Are slimming corsets safe? Do they actually help in weight loss? Well, read ahead and find out the benefits of wearing a slimming corset and their effectiveness in weight loss plans.
What does a slimming corset do?
A slimming corset, as the name suggests, is worn to reduce your waist size and attain an hourglass figure. Slimming corsets are worn around the waist, and tightly compress the belly fat as well as love handles to narrow down your waistline and belly. This enhances the hip and chest areas as well and gives you the look you’ve been yearning for.
Slimming corsets are also worn by many men, especially in the entertainment industry. Men’s slimming corsets are a little wider than women’s, keeping in mind the natural difference between body structures and the desirable figure. Slimming corsets also strengthen the torso’s core and this is why many people wear them without the objective of waist training.
How to use a slimming corset?
If your main objective for wearing a slimming corset is to begin waist training, it is important to ensure you choose the perfect size for yourself. Make sure you buy a corset that isn’t too tight or loose and, fits around your waist perfectly without leaving any room for belly bulges.
But the journey doesn’t end with buying the perfect corset, you need to be aware of how to wear a slimming corset properly as well. So let’s take a look at how you can wear your waist-slimming corset effectively:
- First, you need to loosen the corset to fit your chest and hip area comfortably and start locking the hooks at the front.
- Wear the laced side at back and make sure you tie them in a tight but comfortable manner to avoid rashes.
- Try not to untie and retie the waist-slimming corset constantly to avoid stretching the corset too much.
- Don’t forget to cut off the unnecessary lacing to get a cleaner look when you wear bodycon clothes.
Are slimming corsets effective for waist training?
Slimming corsets are used by many beginners while waist training as they’re comfortable and easily available. But there are many layers to waist training with a slimming corset that people forget and these can cause the corsets to seem ineffective and unsafe. But the truth is when you wear the right size and the right kind, slimming corsets can reduce the waist circumference gradually.
Scientific studies suggest that regularly wearing a slimming corset can cause a gradual reduction in the natural waist circumference over time. Many supermodels and celebrities wear slimming corsets to maintain their figures as well. However, it is better to consult a physician on how long to wear corsets instead of following celebrity routines.
3 things to remember when you wear slimming corsets
Corsets are a very controversial clothing garment, and that’s why there is very scarce information about their proper use and styling on the internet. As the current times bring about the corset revolution and popularize the victorian garment again, here are some things to remember while wearing a slimming corset:
- Always wear your stockings and tights before wearing your corset. This is because fastening and untying the corset, again and again, can loosen it up and make it ineffective.
- Make sure you remove your slimming corsets before sleeping and working out unless advised otherwise by a physician. Slimming corsets are more tightly-fitted than other corsets and cause irritation and stiffness if worn while exercising and sleeping.
- Never continue wearing a corset that is uncomfortable and painful for the sake of losing weight. Effective waist training requires you to wear the perfect size to avoid suffocation and bruises. You can opt to wear adjustable slimming corset belts if the laces are difficult to tie around.
Many people aren’t patient enough to see through the whole journey and lose faith. It’s not possible to lose fat and attain an hourglass figure overnight, but wearing slimming corsets every day can help in speeding up the process. They give a proper shape to your body and mold it accordingly over time and with regular use.
In fact, there are many studies that prove the efficacy of slimming corsets in reducing natural waist gradually. However, it’s not a permanent solution if you’re suffering from particular illnesses or are just prone to unhealthy fat deposition, but it can be an effective companion to help you through your weight-loss plan.