It’s time to move it, move it and slip into those dancing shoes! Season 22 of Dancing with the Stars is here and if you missed last night’s premiere, we’ve got you covered!
This season of DWTS welcomes back straight shooter judge Len Goodman, after being missed last season, and alongside the beloved judge were none other than Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli.
Cast of Season 22 includes:
1. Kim Fields and Sasha Farber dancing the Cha Cha (20 points)
2. Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas dancing the Foxtrot (21 points)
3. Doug Flutie and Karina Smirnoff dancing the Foxtrot (15 points)
4. Jodie Sweetin and Keo Motsepe dancing the Tango (20 points)
5. Geraldo Rivera and Edyta Sliwinska dancing the Cha Cha (13 points)
6. Marla Naples and Tony Dovolani dancing the Quick Step (21 points)
7. Wanya Morris and Lindsay Arnold dancing the Cha Cha (23 points)
8. Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Jive (23 points)
9. Mischa Barton and Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Tango (16 points)
10. Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Cha Cha (23 points)
11. Antonio Brown and Sharna Burgess dancing the Quick Step (21points)
12. Von Miller and Whitney Carson dancing the Foxtrot (21 points)
The night started off with a bang as actress Kim Fields and her partner Sasha Farber spiced up the dance floor with a sexy and sassy Cha Cha routine, setting the tone for the rest of the night after a score of 21/30. Some couples rose to the challenge tying up the scores and others came out feet a blazing with three couples — Boys II Men member Wanya Morris and Lindsay Arnold, TV personality Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy, and deaf model Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd — surpassing the duo with high scores of 23/30 for the night.
As amazing of a start to the season it was, not everyone could be great. Lowest scores of the night included actress Mischa Barton’s painfully awkward Tango with Artem Chigvintsev receiving a 16/30, former NFL quarterback Doug Flutie and Karina Smirnoff’s not-so-smooth foxtrot scoring a 15/30 and coming in at the tail end was a rather stiff yet heartwarming performance from 72-year-old reporter/TV show host Geraldo Rivera and Edyta Sliwinska with an earned score of 13/30.
All in all, there is a lot of talent this season and the judges, especially Carrie Ann Inaba — who couldn’t contain her excitement all night, are ready to see what these dancers have in store! Remember, the judges scores only count for part of how results turn out, so make sure you vote to ensure your favorite couples stick around!
You can catch Dancing with the Stars on ABC every Monday at 8/7c.
Read more TV Reviews on ClicheMag.com
Season 22 of Dancing with the Stars Kicks Off with a Bang: Featured image courtesy of Heidi Gutman/ABC